Delicious

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Epic Fail...

You know those days when you have taken every step to schedule 4 people for screenings, planned your precious clinic time and knew everything was going to be alright and then BAM! ...... no one shows up..... Alas this has been the third time that my patients have decided to not come in, probably they couldn't understand or the translator didn't stress it enough but wow what an awful streak I have had. I try every time I have a translator by my chair to teach me different phases in different languages, with no success sadly. It's like my mind has closed off and can't incorporate any other words or phrases.

So I guess the only thing I have to report about today was I cleaned my first 1A of the year. She was the cutest little girl and she did such a good job but I thought it was really odd that her mom didn't want to come back with either one of her kids. I spent most of the appointment running back and forth asking her questions and explaining brushing and flossing. Her little girl thought mouth wash was good for some times when they didn't have time to brush their teeth. I explained that they need to be keeping their mouths really clean because her new teeth were coming in and we want to have no complications with her baby teeth and cavities. I definitely told their mom to please bring them into the dentist and stressed that baby teeth are important to keep and need to be watched and checked regularly. Her mom wasn't too concerned but I again stressed seeing their dentist. No scaling advice for her.... my instructor just reminded me to remember that even kids can have calculus.... which she did...

Well another wasted day I think in the future I'm scheduling two people at a time maybe that will work.
Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment