Delicious

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mockboards OHHH YEA....

Well after I had nightmares all last night, that I thought would never have I woke up for mockboards in kind of a rush. I got there and I do have to say the paper work was a little flustering but MY PATIENT SHOWED UP! Yes every one that was the highlight of my day lol. I have had the worst luck this semester and to finally have something go smoothly was awesome. That was until I cleaned my patient and saw her gums were rampaged!!!! YIKES! I was in such a panic I have never had a patient look this beat up after a cleaning. So my job soon went from Calculus removal to cleaning up that papilla. After I spent my last half hour  making her not bleed I gave her to the deciding factor of the examiners. Well turns out I did everything I was supposed to do and that some times that tissue is so trapped by that calculus deposit that by the time you clean it, it's unavoidable damage. Professor Alexander just explained to me to place a comment to the examiners in the comments box "tissue friable." Man that put my terror to ease and I was able to buy my patient perioguard and send her on her way. So I guess that day of fluster turned out to be one of my best clinic days! Funny how things work out lol Congrats to all the WSU DH students who did their best which we all know they did no matter the score!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I agree that good score or not, alot of learning and progress was made on this day. I have created tissue trauma and papillectomys myself. Lol

    ReplyDelete