Delicious

Monday, February 7, 2011

New Project!!!!!! :D Getting really excited!

Alright this post is a little not dental hygiene related but I had to share the good news! A have the opportunity to create a  program for improvement of oral health care in West Africa! Now for a little background I have always wanted to do humanitarian work in Africa! I didn't know why at a very young age I was drawn to that continent but for some reason I knew I wanted to do work there. Well as a poor college school you don't have very much money to participate in these grand endeavors  or search out these study abroad programs so this scholarship has given me the chance to help serve but not have to go right at this particular moment. I have the challenge of making 100 instruction packets which we are sending down there to give to local health care works so they may in turn teach local communities. Along with this challenge I have created a program to teach the volunteers which are going to go to Africa about these packets and the oral health knowledge to which they can enforce learning to these health care workers. I'm so excited but only have a few short months to plan and execute everything! so wish me luck on my dream program!
Tori :)

No comments:

Post a Comment