Delicious

Sunday, September 26, 2010

WEDNESDAY the 22nd post!

I can't believe it! We actually got to probe today! It was one of the coolest experiences! what probing is is the way we check the patients pocket depth to see if there is any bone loss or periodontal disease. It was COOL! the only thing though that messed up the day was the fact that all our probes were broken and now we will have to ship them back and hopefully get our new ones soon. After clinic we had a guess speaker from UDHA who talked to us about the practice act and how they are trying to get the ADA to approve Hygienists in utah  to work in serperate practices without being under the supervision of a dentist. I guess i'm kinda of torn.... I do believe that the UDHA is doing a great thing and working hard in every aspect. But on the same note I feel to get more hygienists to join they should either lower the price or say free membership for everyone and have them pay for conventions seperately or have the ones pay to get the benefits. I really am torn. It all comes down too I support this group and what ever I can do to support my peers then that is what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment