Delicious

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Scaling positions and all around sitting technics

Today started off really good! I woke up with a smile because I love clinic, and actually got ready with enough time to have a really good breakfast! but lol in my enthusiastic rush to the door I failed to remember a book for clinic lol, gees this program is really teaching me to be on my toes because honestly some ways I have to learn things is to do them wrong of feel unsure and then blam next time I'm extremely on the ball. I hope I can carry the preparedness through out my whole life! Thanks so much to all my clinic friends for sharimng and helping me.

Now if i thought I was sitting correctly before I sure am correcting it now :D  It's really interesting to see and hear how bad posture can kill your live style and most importantly your career. One of our instructors shared with us how she had been practicing and not useing correct sitting positions and had to end up retiring for 5 years and doing physical therapy. Luckily she is back today helping us and sharing awesome stories! :D I can't tell you how this program has critically impacted my life, my ideal in practices, and my opinions of how to give full patient care while protecting yourself. I know that I will definitely pass this things on as I continue with hygiene.

The next thing we worked on today was where you should be sitting with the patient and how to more efficently access the patient's mouth. I was so excited to practice and realized lol i have a lot to learn with that also but the good news is I'm getting a lot faster with my teeth numbers and where they are located! YES! well that's it for now have to run to do HW. SEE YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment