Delicious

Friday, March 25, 2011

March 21st What a Monday....

So over the spring break week I received a call that my patient had cancelled for Monday and I was out a patient. Not only did I not get to relax at all over my spring break but I was now stressing out about requirements and seeing if I could find a patient for Monday. Luckily my peers came to the rescue and were able to find me a patient on such short notice. Now that I had a patient, Monday morning came around and I had to prepare to see two patients in two clinic sessions all day. My patient who I had to schedule randomly in the morning Monday was this sweet old man who came into the clinic very distraught about his BP not being low enough. WoW! Did I not know what I was in for.... not only does he have high blood pressure but he also has diabetes, and a list full of medications! I spend my whole clinic session writing and looking up all his medications as well as taking his blood glucose! UGH I was so stressed and upset I did poorly on my appointment for the day.

My next patient of the day was extremely nice and relaxed! I loved treating her! I passed off a PE, finished her cleaning, and had a pleasant chat with her about gingivitis and how you need to come in for a cleaning every 6 months. I felt like I was a lot calmer because I was in my own pod and knew that flow of everything.

But that didn't end my day... so I thought I would be ok not to eat all day and not take my medicine. I found out that was a huge mistake and ended up going home really sick and feeling useless as a hygienist. Sometimes these days happen and it bruises my ego and I have just decided this week is not my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment